GCC 3.4.x + RTEMS 4.6.2 release.

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Thu Jan 13 10:56:07 UTC 2005

Hello Ralf,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 11:24 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > since I have kind of strange issues with gcc3.2.3 as adviced to be used
> > with 4.6.2 release in its documentation, I would like to ask if anybody
> > here does have some experience with gcc 3.4.x with the latest RTEMS
> > release.
>
> Well, gcc-3.4.x is not supported by rtems-4.6.x at all, because all
> GCC > 3.2.x related development is taking place in RTEMS-CVS/HEAD.

Thanks for this note. I would also like to ask you in which state is RTEMS
trunk.  i.e. it don't need to be rock-solid for my experiments, I just
need pc386 BSP and tool-chain with the latest/greatest C++ support which
is possible to get for it.

As I'm looking into ftp now, there are several versions of binutils,
newlib, gdb and their patches available. Could you be so kind and
recommend me some combination which you would consider the most stable for
pc386 BSP (stable in a means of C++/libstdc++ development)?

Thanks a lot,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com