PCI lookup issue: 3c905C-TX not found by RTEMS.

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 18 19:09:44 UTC 2005

Karel Gardas writes:

 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm just trying to make RTEMS works on one of real box here, which
 > provides 3c905C-TX NIC. The only issue is that this NIC is not found
 > during network initialization, to be more clear it is not found by
 > BSP_pciFindDevice function in
 > rtems-4-6-branch/c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/shared/pci/pcibios.c file.
 >
 > I've checked vendor/device ids and both seems to be right and also defined
 > in elnk.c driver. For your reference /proc/bus/pci/devices file from linux
 > 2.x running on this machine is attached below. The line containing
 > 10b79200 is line representing this card (3com vendor id is 10b7 and card
 > device id is 9200)
 >
 > Is there any way how to make this card working in RTEMS?

It looks like it should work.  I agree the vendor and device id's do
match up, so the driver should handle your board OK.  When you attempt
to load the driver, does it say

      "etherlink : No Etherlink devices found"

or

      "etherlink : device '%s' not found"

If the former, then the pci scanning function is not finding the
board, suggesting a problem with the bsp's PCI library.  If the
latter, then you may be using too large a unit number.  I somewhat
suspect the former.

Gregm