Help: How RTEMS Interrupt handling Framework Works?

Sun Jan 23 17:14:51 UTC 2005

Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to build a ISR to respond to a printer port interrupt, just to be familiar/trainning with interrupt handling in rtems.
> I now that rtems include samples that could help me writing the software but I would like to learn how everything works befiore starting coding.
> So I have been searching for docu,ments documenting the way rtems has to respond to interrupts but I cant find anything.
>
> Do you know any place where I could get information about the rtems interrupt handling framework?

Which CPU family are you using?  There are two different interrupt
models (unfortunately).

In general terms, you write a C handler for the interrupt, handle
it in the C code, and return.  The difference between the two
models is most obvious in installing the handler.