During Drivers Initialization

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Sat Jan 29 09:51:53 UTC 2005

Hello Manuel,

driver initialization is done while tasking is still
disabled. Therefore, you can create and even
start(?) a task, but it will not be scheduled before
"Init" is called.

I would except, that the other calls should work
properly during driver initialization. If you get an
error there, maybe you can step into the offending
calls and check the software flow there, if your
debugging environment supports it. I always found
this quite instructive...

wkr,
Thomas.

> I'm modifing a driver (the console driver) and I would like to know if the
> following directives are allowed during the driver initialization (is this
> information in any doc?):
>
> rtems_extension_creation
> rtems_partition_creation
> rtems_region_creation
> rtems_task_create
> rtems_task_start  (does the task really start at this point, or it's only
> after the drivers initialization?)
>
> In the tests built, the rtems_extension_creation works, but the partition
> blocks. I've already configured the number of maximum partitions in the
> confdevs so that shouldn't be a problem.
> If indeed partitions can be created in this stage, can someone tell me why
> this doesn't seem to work?
>
> Many Thanks
> Manuel Coutinho

> MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
> http://messenger.msn.com.br

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
PGP public key available at: http://www.imd-