[Qemu/PearPC] Question w.r.t. ``starting with 0x1E0'' in motorola_powerpc/README.OTHERBOARDS

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Thu Jul 14 09:03:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to detect if Qemu PPC or PearPC are good enough to "emulate"
some PPC board and run RTEMS/PPC. After some investigation I've found that
motorola_powerpc BSP should be the most closed to some PowerMac/PREP
hardware, is this right?

Qemu seems to emulate PPC750 (or that's what I get from it on linux and
`cat /proc/cpuinfo`), PearPC even seems to be at G4 level (merged altivec
recently). I've also searched through their sources and found that Qemu
contains some `raven host bridge' references directly in code -- in PCI
bus initialization section. So Qemu seems to be more near to the required
target as described by motorola_powerpc/README.OTHERBOARDS, but now I
don't know how to detect if Qemu really is ``starting with 0x1E0'' as is
written in this file. I don't know for which identifier should I look for.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com