How to build RTEMS without optimization?

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Tue Jul 19 18:21:19 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm using the RTEMS 4.0.0 package, provided by ESA and customized to ERC32.
We have a Tharsys board with the ERC32 Chipset (TSC691, TSC692, TSC693), and
I'm trying to run the examples in this board. The idea is to put this
version of RTEMS to work with our board, and then start to use the newest
RTEMS version.

But, as the ESA's customization was based on SIS (not on a real board), I'm
having some problems. For example, when running the "rtems-tasks" example
program, the system just resets.

I  managed to isolate the problem in the function Install_Clock (ckinit.c).
Now I have to debug this function, but when debugging, GDB shows me wrong
line numbers and cannot show the values of the variables (it shows a message
"no symbol 'var' in current context"). I'm sure the GDB problem is related
to the RTEMS level of optimization.

How can I build RTEMS without optimization? I didn't find anything about it
in the documentation.

And, if anyone runs RTEMS on a Tharsys board, please, let me know.
Thanks in advance,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis - DEA / INPE