IRQ latency and context switching on mvme5500 (was Re: RTEMS mvme5500 bsp)

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Thu Jul 28 02:26:34 UTC 2005

>  Interested, yes, but I really have no time right now
> to have a closer look at it -- can you summarize the results?

Based on the test  result, it shows that  RTEMS-mvme5500 is
more deterministic  and  steadier than vxWorks-mvme5500
for the highest priority task.  For  both  the idle  and loaded system,
RTEMS-mvme5500 "GUARANTEED"  twice or three times
faster response time in a steadier state.     The "worst case" is a
critical factor  in consideration of the real-time  system.

Regards,
Kate