Stack filling.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 1 01:17:46 UTC 2005

Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> Till Straumann wrote:
>
>> Will the stack filling be optional? There might be concerns about
>> performance
>> suffering, especially on slower CPUs.
>

> This is my concern also.  I do not want it in the code base for
> thread creation by default either.

Agreed.

> It would be OK to have a
> shared support routine in score to fill a thread stack

Ok.

> but it
> should be turned on/referenced by either a capture engine
> extension or the stack check extension.

The capture engine is designed to be installed at runtime. This means
the configuration change is not made until after RTEMS is running so
some tasks missing having the stack initialised.

How does the current stack checker handle this ?

Could we make this an RTEMS debug flag ?

--
  Chris Johns