Building RTEMS from cvs, bootstrap problems

John Alexandersson john at gaisler.com
Thu Mar 3 11:20:50 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm having problems trying to bootstrap the current CVS version of RTEMS.

Here is how I do it:

1) download latest version of RTEMS from CVS

2) run './bootstrap' in the root directory
     Here I get loads of errors from automake. (Is that as expected?)

3) run './configure --target=sparc' in the root directory
   Here I get the following error:
    "configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in . ./."

Am I doing any obvius error here, like missing a step or something?
Is there anyone else out there that has run the bootstrap script
lately?

I'm a newbie to automake/autoconf, so I'm having some trouble
debugging this myself.

My configuration:
Debian unstable/i386:
automake v1.4-p6
autoconf v2.59

For the interested:
 I'm working on a patch-set for the erc32 and Leon processors which I
 want to apply against RTEMS-current when finished.

Thank you very much for your help,
John Alexandersson

--
John Alexandersson