RTEMS4.7 and its tool chain (Re: powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150)

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Tue Mar 8 17:16:26 UTC 2005

Peter Dufault wrote:

> The task index is the same as the number that is printed out as "TAx"
> by "ticker", so it is 1, 2, and 3.  The program eventually runs, as a
> matter of fact I had to go out for a few hours this morning, and I can
> see that "30 seconds" have indeed finally gone by for the board.
>
> The source code I'm using is what is in ticker without changes, but I'm
> using 4.7, so you need to install the newer tool chain to reproduce the
> RTEMS I'm using.

I do not see this related to the  origianl subject "powerpc mvme5500
clock off by factor of 150" at all.   I  built the  source of
c/src/tests/samples/ticker.  It works as expected.
The colck on the MVME5500 BSP always works fine.
Perhaps there is problem with your toolcahin.  I will send you
my Makefile and binary code offline so that you can post
the questions  under a more appropriate subject.  The only change
I did in the BSP since the  RTEMS4.6.0 release post on the WEB,
is to enable the PMC interrupt by default and to
change the PCI API.

Cheers,
Kate