Clock not running (was Re: RTEMS4.7 and its tool chain (Re: powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150))

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Mar 8 17:27:43 UTC 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 12:16 PM, Kate Feng wrote:

> I do not see this related to the  origianl subject "powerpc mvme5500
> clock off by factor of 150" at all.   I  built the  source of
> c/src/tests/samples/ticker.  It works as expected.
> The colck on the MVME5500 BSP always works fine.

There is an interrupt that isn't being handled:
"main 0 0, main 1 10000000, high int"
where I added "high int" if (selectCause & HI_INT_CAUSE) is set in
mvme5500/irq/irq.c.

It's hard to sort out the interrupt stuff since those registers are in
the document that is only available with a non-disclosure agreement.

This generates an external interrupt continuously, which keeps the
decrementer from counting except occasionally (I guess, I don't know
why it runs at all).

Thus when I run ticker.c I see the ticks that should be five seconds
apart 750 seconds apart.

Maybe you have something handling that interrupt and clearing the
source.

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.