PCI API

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Thu Mar 3 13:15:18 UTC 2005

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> I think you have arranged a solution that only you will use- one more
> bsp-specific pci kludge instead of a proper unified api.  Best of
> luck.

No, I provide BSP for people who need to use the mvme5500.
It is BSP  specific.  The discussion for PCI API is over.  See below.

> Kate Feng writes:
>  > Conclusion :
>  >
>  > Done!  Eveyone will be  happy.   Thanks to all  for clearing  the
>  > confusion.  I will  add :
>  >
>  > #define  MaxPCIbridgePerBandwidth  8      /* Did not figure out a better name yet */
>  >
>  > to the  bsp.h of mvme5500.  Thus I  can use the original PCI API.
>  >

>  > Thus, you can tune your own value of the  MaxPCIbridgePerBandwidth
>  > in your bsp.h.
>  >
>  >
>  > How does that sound ?
>  >

> Please keep your modifications out of the shared components of the PPC
> pci api is all I can say.

I am trying to avoid repeating  what was discussed so that there is less
headache for  who already have........

I   already wrote :
> the bsp.h of mvme5500

The architecure of the MVME5500 is very different from that of the
Motorola shared PowerPC board, which is why I had to write my own
version of  bsp.h.

I  perceived that MaxPCIbridgePerBandwidth is a safe provision
for boards that provide more than one PCI bandwidths, and are
potential for hot  adding.

Best Regards to all,
Kate