Any Certifications/ Qualifications History for RTEMS?

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Mon May 23 14:50:01 UTC 2005

RTEMS folk -

Recent list traffic on ESA "dings" received by RTEMS and my current
assignment to a project, which may or may not be levied with external
software qualification, leads me to ask these questions:

Has anyone gathered a list of RTEMS projects that achieved external software
ratings for safety, reliability, quality, etc? Examples might be programs
meeting ISO90* measures, SEI CMM levels, DOD or FAA standards, etc. And,
yes, ESA if any.

Were any of these directly enough related to the RTEMS design and code base
that they might carry forward by "halo effect" to a different team and
different developer?

Any publically available documentation?

Brief project histories and experience stories could be helpful. Hold the
flames and "true religion" posts. Thanks.

Regards,
John M. Mills
Staff Engineer
EMS Technologies