Any Certifications/ Qualifications History for RTEMS?

Mon May 23 15:07:46 UTC 2005

Mills, John M. wrote:
> RTEMS folk -
>
> Recent list traffic on ESA "dings" received by RTEMS and my current
> assignment to a project, which may or may not be levied with external
> software qualification, leads me to ask these questions:
>
> Has anyone gathered a list of RTEMS projects that achieved external software
> ratings for safety, reliability, quality, etc? Examples might be programs
> meeting ISO90* measures, SEI CMM levels, DOD or FAA standards, etc. And,
> yes, ESA if any.
>
> Were any of these directly enough related to the RTEMS design and code base
> that they might carry forward by "halo effect" to a different team and
> different developer?
>
> Any publically available documentation?
>
> Brief project histories and experience stories could be helpful. Hold the
> flames and "true religion" posts. Thanks.

I came across a couple of papers on (I think) the ESA validation effort
being presented next week at a EuroSpace conference.

Is anyone on the list presenting those or able to share a copy?

I know of a few satellite projects and although I do not they went
through very formal testing, I don't know whether anything was made
public.  Or even hinted at in conferences.