How to mask IRQ

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Sun May 29 12:13:26 UTC 2005

Hello, all.
	Although there were a lot of discussion about the "new interrupt processing",
here is one more question (MPC860 based bsp in my case).
	I need to mask, for example, IRQ5 interrupt from within the ISR.
	Today's implementation seems not to allow this operation, as the ISR is
called from the IRQ dispatcher, which restores the mask state to the value it
saved before the ISR was called.
	The most simple decision I see, is to return the desired mask as a return
value from the ISR function. Thus, the dispatcher must check that the ISR
return value is not zero.

	Any comments?

Thanks ahead.
--