Network compilation problems

Steven Johnson sjohnson at sakuraindustries.com
Thu May 5 23:12:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

Ive compiled RTEMS 4.6.2 for MPC862 no problems. (Been doing this for a
while now).

Ive got my application, which works fine under RTEMS, has been for some
years.

Now ive gone to add Ethernet support.

Ive started writing my driver (yes i know one already existis), but
trust me, i like writing my own drivers.

Anyway, the problem is i am getting out of the compile:

/opt/rtems-4.6/powerpc-rtems/include/stdlib.h:66: declaration of C
function `
  void rtems_bsdnet_free(void*)' conflicts with
mpc8xx-rtems/include/sys/malloc.h:351: previous declaration `
  void rtems_bsdnet_free(void*, int)' here
/opt/rtems-4.6/powerpc-rtems/include/stdlib.h:73: declaration of C
function `
  void* rtems_bsdnet_malloc(unsigned int)' conflicts with
mpc8xx-rtems/include/sys/malloc.h:352: previous declaration `
  void* rtems_bsdnet_malloc(long unsigned int, int, int)' here

But if i look in those places, these things arent defined, just malloc.

Why is this happening?

What have i done wrong?

This just looks weird, why would there be two different declarations for
malloc?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Steven Johnson