Network problem - Gradually getting slower after time - Resolved.

Jonas Moberg jonas.moberg at solidsoftware.net
Wed Nov 23 08:45:13 UTC 2005

Thanks,
The problem is now resolved after a patch from Ian Caddy.
An internal rx buffer pointer set was not handled properly for the
optimized target.
Adding a volatile directive to these variables seems to be the solution.
For the moment i can't see through the "compiler logic" and the guess is
that this is a compiler optimization bug.
The driver we are using (based on Ians work a few years back) has been
maintained independently by us.
I will do a manual diff to the updated driver just received from Ian and
update him on any feature that we might have added or any problem found.
Regards
Solid Software AB
Jonas Moberg