PCI caching question related to mvme5500

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Nov 2 10:50:40 UTC 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 9:04 PM, Kate Feng wrote:

> You should sign up the NDA if you want to improve the performance
> of the board.  There are two aspects you can improve by programming
> the registers of the system controller GT64260.  If you need to
> custom design the H/W for this application, I would recommend you to
> use this system controller or the GT64360 depending on your
> application.

The sixteen channels will be moved to an existing VME interface and
won't be on the PCI bus.  However, I will go ahead and sign an NDA
(as much as it pains me, signing an NDA for this sort of info is
stupid) in order to have the documentation on hand.

BTW, the AD board is simultaneous sample and hold.  I can't blame the
vendor for not putting the DMA controller on the board as it's a
small PMC format card and you wouldn't expect the MVME5500 system
controller chip to be under NDA.

It is a problem not having a generic method to cache the PCI memory.
I'll come up with some public interface that isn't clunky.

Peter