Too many tool versions, all different

Mon Oct 24 13:51:41 UTC 2005

Peter Dufault wrote:
> It's really confusing trying to figure out what tools to use.
>
> I'm trying to setup a Solaris 10 system for a client for 4.6.99.2,
> including all source for development.
>
> 1. The tool versions in ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/4.6.99.2/
> TOOLVERSIONS don't match the tool versions in FTP://ftp.rtems.com/pub/
> rtems/SOURCES;

Someone reported this last week.  I thought I had fixed this.  What in
particular is missing?

> 2. pub/solaris/rtems-4.7 has other versions, and is from 1 year ago
> June, so that's no where to look;

Solaris tools have not been built in a while and I do not not when or if
they will be built again.

> 3. pub/snapshots doesn't even have 4.6.99.2 in it;

Right.  We are now doing numbered snapshots and releases and they are
all going into the same directory.

> 4. Looking at a posting from Joel on September 14 it appears I should
> look way down in pub/rtems/linux/redhat/7.3/i386/rpms/rtems-4.7/
> SOURCES, but I don't see anything there that would get me to the list
> in his email.  For example, the email says "rtems-4.7-autoconf-
> rtems-2.59-4" which I take to be autoconf 2.59 with four RTEMS  patches,
> but I only see a single 2.59 patch in there.

You will never see 4 patch files to the same source tarball.  The -4
indicates it is the fourth revision of the RTEMS autoconf 2.59 package.
  Very likely -1 did not have any patches.  Revisions -2 and -3 could
have been earlier versions of changes or packaging mistakes that
resulted in having to not distribute the RPM.