Idle time

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Sun Oct 30 17:17:22 UTC 2005

Hello, all.

	I should like to measure the CPU free time in my application which runs on
MPC860.
	The obvious way seemed to me to look at the decrementer value each time I
enter the idle task, while inside the idle task copy the decrementer value in
the loop into intermediate variable. The difference will show how much time
the CPU was in the idle task.
	The problem is, that I do not see any efficient way to do this. The "user
extension" mechanism, if I understood it correctly, will add one routine to
ALL task switches, thus I shall waste a lot (relatively) of time on a service
function.
	If somebody can advice some more efficient decision, I shall be very glad.

Thanks.
--
Leon M.Pollak