MVME5500 board support status?

Thu Oct 27 13:39:27 UTC 2005

Phillip Sorensen wrote:
> Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> So has someone actually tried a gcc 4.0.x with the mvme5500?
>> Most BSPs have worked fine with gcc 4.0.x but a few have been
>> optimized into breaking. :)
>>
>> --joel
>

> I have a currently working setup using gcc 4.0.1 with the 4.6.99.2
> snapshot.  I seems to be working so far, except for a few thing like
> bootp not working while the DHCP code does. (I don't currently need it
> and haven't gotten around to debugging or anything.)

This is good news.  Could you add to the shell Wiki entry for the
MVME5500 I just created?  There is a section for Test Reports.  It is
impossible to know what BSPs people are using and testing if notes don't
get added to the Wiki.

> I haven't tried the gcc 4.0.1 with the 4.6.x releases.

Gcc 4.0.x is not intended for use with the 4.6 release series.  gcc 3.4
and newer requier many small source changes to eliminate warnings and
even to compile.