PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Thu Sep 15 22:18:11 UTC 2005

I will do this today, however, I need some help

Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:

> Would you apply the attached patch to your RTEMS source tree and perform
> a "bootstrap" to it?

I try this by doing ./bootstrap in the root of rtems4.6.4 (after
applying the patch) and get a swag of errors. I cancelled the bootstracp
and have attached the screen

> After bootstrapping, you will have two options in the pc386 BSP:
>
> - - the option IDE_USE_PRIMARY_INTERFACE is enabled by default, you should
> disable it (set it to 0)
> - - the option IDE_USE_SECONDARY_INTERFACE is disabled by default, you
> should enable it (set it to 1)

I will end up running 2 different BSPs - pc386dx (for DIMMPC which has
primary) and pc386 (which only has secondary). Will this be a problem?
For the time being, I suppose I can build my pc386dx version before
applying the patch and then the pc386 after

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)