PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Sep 16 08:04:45 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> If his BSP was part of the official sources, we could even hard code
> this into the configure script:
> RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET([SOMEOPTION],[angelopc386],[1])
> RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET([SOMEOPTION],[*],[0])
> RTEMS_BSPOPTS_HELP([SOMEOPTION],
> [Some explanation])

This may not scale well. I have a PC on my desk where the Compact Flash
is mapped as a slave on IDE1. Should we add a config for this and open
the door to every PC configuration being a hard coded BSP ?

Can the PC BSP be configured from the command line and then built from
the command line or does it have to be invoked from the top level RTEMS
configure call ?

--
  Chris Johns