DHCP Client

Steven Johnson sjohnson at sakuraindustries.com
Tue Sep 20 08:38:02 UTC 2005

Hi All,

We have started to use the TCP/IP stuff in Rtems now (its been a long
time coming for us).  Everything is humming along nicely, no big gotchas
yet.

We however want to use DHCP, and we find that it appears only Bootp
(which isnt quite DHCP) is supported.  Some DHCP servers do not support
Bootp.  (dnsmasq, for example).

The question is, is this correct?  Have i missed something, and there is
in fact DHCP support.  If not, are there any know packages which provide
this, or should we just code up our own.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steven Johnson