Building RTEMS without test samples

Samuel Bitton S.Bitton at sstl.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 09:17:41 UTC 2005

I've created a new BSP based on the i386 CPU. It has a very minimal set of functionalities (for the moment) and therefore does not provide any console drivers.
However the build process fails as it keeps insisting in building the test samples which of course require a console driver.

Here is the command I use to build the BSP:

configure -disable-posix --disable-cxx --disable-networking --disable-rtems-inlines --disable-multiprocessing --disable-tests --enable-maintainer-mode --target=i386-rtems -enable-rtemsbsp=obc386 --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.6

The build process fails when it comes to build the hello world test sample program which I thought the -disable-tests should prevent in doing.

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Note that I am working with RTEMS version 4.6.4.

Thanks

Rgds
Sam Bitton