FLOPS requirements

Mark Vander Voord mvandervoord at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:26:02 UTC 2005

I had thought of a doing a timing-based solution like many of you have
suggested, but I don't think it is really what I am looking for.
Since I will be switching micros already, a measurement of how long
the algorithm takes without hardware floating point support doesn't
interest me as much as determining what my overall flop requirement
will be so that I know what part to choose.  I'm not really sure how
that can be measured, but I think Greg's suggestion of using objdump
and grep might get me closest.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.  If anyone has anything else to add,
please do so!  =)

--
Mark S VanderVoord
Self-Guided Systems, LLC