Anyone tried TCP over loopback?

Mon Sep 12 13:16:02 UTC 2005

Phil Torre wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 08:45:09AM +0200, Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:

>>Phil,
>>
>>as a small info: I have done this in RTEMS-4.5.0 on a MC68360, and I had
>>NO trouble with it. Actually I have a server application in RTEMS which
>>can be contacted either by local client applications (on the same CPU)
>>or remote clients (like telnet from a host computer).
>>
>>wkr,
>>Thomas.
>

> OK, I found the problem.  The stack is just fine, it was a stupid app
> error.  Thanks, Thomas.  :)

There is a loopback sample test (testsuites/samples/loopback in CVS).
Did you use it as an example?  If it is not right, it needs to be fixed.

FWIW the loopback test's primary purpose is to verify that you can at
least link some network application and start the stack on any CPU.  The
loopback driver is the only one guaranteed to be there across the entire
set of RTEMS BSPs/CPUs.