Help! - Compilation error for mips-rtems tools under Cygwin

Keith Siders tx_mips64 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 18:00:02 UTC 2005

Sorry for the long delay.

1. Yes, I did "make -k install" on binutils after
building it, so I assume everything went well. Got
lots of screen dump, nothing indicated failure of any
kind.

2. At first I did not have the path in cygwin.bat, but
I went back and put it in, restarted the shell, found
that all the normal *nix paths (/bin:/usr/bin: etc...)
still preceeded it. So I modified the user profile to
prepend any previous paths, got /gcc-mips-rtems/bin as
the first path, and it still made the same complaint.

$ echo $PATH
/gcc-mips-rtems/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/doxygen/bin:/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/ATT/Graphviz/bin:/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/ATT/Graphviz/bin/tools:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/cvsnt:.:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

sidersk at siders-desk /source
$

I also see that I have '.' in the path, and I think
it's' coming from the DOS environment being passed in.
I've looked in various "old" DOS world .bat and .sys
files for the path info (I have more than shown here)
and I cannot seem to locate where this part of the
path is being set.

But since '.' is at the point /build/gcc/ or below,
should this be a problem?

Oh, and thanks to everyone for your help!

 - Keith