Help! - Compilation error for mips-rtems tools under Cygwin

Keith Siders tx_mips64 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 19:24:54 UTC 2005

--- "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>"
<joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> > still preceeded it. So I modified the user profile
> > prepend any previous paths, got
> /gcc-mips-rtems/bin as
> > the first path, and it still made the same
> complaint.
> >
> > $ echo $PATH

/gcc-mips-rtems/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program

Files/doxygen/bin:/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/ATT/Graphviz/bin:/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/ATT/Graphviz/bin/tools:/cygdrive/c/Program

Files/cvsnt:.:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

> > sidersk at siders-desk /source
> > $

> Before you build, start a fresh shell and "echo
> $PATH".
That's what the above was. ;-)

> type mips-rtems4.7-gcc.  Make sure they are what you
> think
> they should be.

Well, I can't since that's what I'm trying to build.:(

> It is best to have a VERY clean environment when
> using Cygwin.
> You need to get rid of the Windows parts of the PATH
> as well
> as "." It is a security risk even if it isn't
> causing this.

I'd sure like to find where that is getting set...

> Also do an "env" command and make sure LIB, CC, and
> anything
> else that looks like it might be related to building
> software
> relates to Cygwin not Windows.

Don't see anything yet that resembles these, perhaps
because I haven't successfully built the tool yet?

Thanks!