Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Thu Sep 15 13:18:43 UTC 2005

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Angelo Fraietta wrote:
>>
>>> How do I find the status of
>>> filesystem/649
>>> ATA driver hangs on initialisation with No primary IDE
>>

>> http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
>>
>> and view the PR.
>>
>> On this one, no one has provided any feedback in GNATS.
>> I remember discussions on the mailing list.  Do you remember
>> if any suggestions on what to try or what was happening
>> were made?  It would be nice at least to get URLs to these
>> discussions in the PR.
>
> The start of the my identification of this problem is
> http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2004/july/msg00024.html
>
> The system hangs if there is no primary master IDE. This becomes a
> problem with me working on a PC104 system that has a compact flash card
> that plugs into the Secondary master. I can't continue working with this
> module while this bug is still there.
>
> Once this gets sorted (and I finish my thesis -- hopefully this year), I
> can get to work on getting the ethernet working and then the sound card
> (I already have RTEMS drivers that need to be tested).
>
> The IDE, however, is the greatest problem. Until that is sorted, I am
> unable to continue working with this system.

I have added the URLs for the discussion to the PR.

Have you tried inserting debug printk's into the in/out methods and
getting a trace of what is going on?  If you can narrow it down to
some specific hardware check loop that is hanging, someone might be able
to help more.

>> If you have a solution in your back pocket, it would be
>> welcomed. :)
>
> I know what was happening, however, i don't have any solution
>
> I would also like to get this going because the vendor I got the system
> from deals a lot with PC104 systems and is interested in RTEMS from what
> I have shown him with the DIMPC; however, until he sees it running on a
> system that he sells out of the box, it will be hard to convert him to
> RTEMS.

You can't blame them for being conservative.  I don't know if anyone
would be interested in having a loaner in exchange for debugging.  That
is always a possibility.