PR649, was Re: PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Sep 20 03:40:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 05:14 pm, Angelo Fraietta wrote:
> > I think specifying a special IDE configuration during the "configure"
> > run is quite an elegant way to overcome this problem.

If that means while configuring RTEMS proper, that is the wrong place to do
it.
Joel has stated multiple times that the eventual goal is to provide RTEMS
binaries that can be linked to applications, and it makes no sense at all to
have multiple binaries that differ only in which ATA devices are expected to
be present.
The configuration should either be when the application is built, or at run
time based on initialization parameters passed to the ATA driver.

--
Chris Caudle