USB for RTEMS

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Tue Sep 20 21:44:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:30:46AM -0500, Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
> I see I asked in a too generic way, mainly because ignorance (I've not
> worked with USB at all).
>
> We'd like to implement both host and device controller (more or less
> like digital cameras that work as device if connected to PC and work
> as host when connected to printer).

USB-OTG?

a full port of the NetBSD USB stack for RTEMS would be incredibly
convenient, and that is eventually the direction I'd like to head.

a co-worker of mine is currently working on a combination host / slave
interface for one of our instruments using the Cypress CY7C67300.  I'm
still not quite sure software-wise how I'm going to glue it to the rest
of our RTEMS system, but I'll have a better idea in a few months when
prototype hardware is available.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com