building bsp w/o examples

Fri Sep 23 13:29:07 UTC 2005

stanley jobson wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:35:25 +0200
> Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 08:33 +0200, stanley jobson wrote:
>>
>>>hi,
>>>is there an option to build an bsp image w/o examples (e.g. ppp) ?
>>
>>This is not supported in rtems-4.6, in rtems-4.7
>>configure --disable-tests should do what you want.
>>

> interesting ...
>
> will this include something like: libnetworking/* (e.g. pppd, webserver,
> telnetd ...)
>
> when doing objdump -d image i see a lot of ppp functions which i really
> do not need ... but bloats my image :(

How are you linking the application? It looks like something is wrong
there.  RTEMS is a big library and carefully constructed so you do not
link in functionality you do not reference directly or by implication.

I saw a "LD" in a previous email.  Are you using the GNU tools provided
with 4.6 or some other toolset?

How are you linking?  It appears to be wrong.