Current __gnat_install_handler usage ?

Simon Clubley simon-rtems at excite.com
Thu Aug 10 12:32:11 UTC 2006

Hello,

I would like to make sure that I understand the current expected use
and naming of __gnat_install_handler.

The handling of __gnat_install_handler changed between RTEMS 4.6.99.2
and 4.6.99.3 when the RTEMS conditional code was removed from init.c
in the current GCC kits and hence the default __gnat_install_handler
within GCC was used.

The empty function in libbsp/shared/gnatinstallhandler.c was renamed
to __bsp_gnat_install_handler before been commented out, but the
example in sparc/erc32 (which I have not tried compiling) was kept as
__gnat_install_handler.

Questions:
What is the current expected name of the routine to be supplied by
the BSP that was originally known as __gnat_install_handler ?

If it remains as __gnat_install_handler is it intended that the
reference in the BSP will be found before the reference in the GCC
code during linking or does one have to apply a patch to remove
GCC's reference to __gnat_install_handler ?

BTW, what is the expected version of GCC to be used while building
4.6.99.3 as scripts/setup.def lists gcc 4.0.2 with no patches, which
still contains the RTEMS conditional code within init.c.

Thanks for any information,

Simon Clubley