How to work with serial port

nasim khalaj nasim_khalaj at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 13:56:03 UTC 2006

Hi All

I'm new member of rtems. i have build and install rtems for pc386 and then
write a simple program to working with serial port:

#include <rtems.h>
#include <clockdrv.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <console.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include <tty_drv.h>
#include <termios.h>

rtems_driver_address_table Device_drivers[] = {
    TTY1_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
    CLOCK_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY
};

rtems_task      Init(rtems_task_argument a)
{
    int         fd;

    printf("Serial port test\n");

    if((fd = open("/dev/tty1", O_RDWR)) < 0)
    {
        printf("Can't open .\n");
        return;
    }

    close(fd);
    printf("Done.\n");
    rtems_task_delete(RTEMS_SELF);
}

#define CONFIGURE_INIT
#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS        10
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES        10
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_DEVICES       50
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS 1
#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS 10
#define CONFIGURE_TEST_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#include <confdefs.h>

but when booting the rtems, i see the following message and nothing else
    Device: /dev/ttyS1 initialized
    -
anyone can help me to finding this problem?

Thanks
Nasim