H8300 Multilib Questions

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Aug 11 14:49:39 UTC 2006

OK.  I have done what I think is the minimum to get h8300 to build multilib.
There are LOTS of warnings where code assumes int is bigger than 16 bits
particularly in the DOS filesystem but I can build the tree now.

I have attached the two patches.

machine-param.h.diff is the diff of the RTEMS specific machine/param.h
from newlib.  I just hacked on the installed version to get things to
compile.

cpukit-h8300.diff is a surprisingly small diff required to get the
compilation
errors  out of CPUKIT for this target.

There are nearly 300 warnings for various types of overflows but this
is the first time it has built to completion.

Comments, thoughts.

--joel