Strange error while building binutils

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Wed Aug 2 07:24:09 UTC 2006

Ali Asgar Nasir wrote:
> binutils-2.13.2.1
> rtems 4.6.6
>
> command line used for configuring binutils
> configure --target=m68-rtems --prefix=/rtems-docs4.6.6
>
> command line used for building
> make all
> make info
> make install
>
> i get the error when i give the make all command.

The first obvious mistake is that the target argument should be
--target=m68k-rtems

Have you read and understood the instructions for how to build the tools
set at:

http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.6/share/rtems/html/started/started00030.html

I recommend following the directions give as closely as possible.

Regards

Paul

The information in this e-mail is intended for the addressee only.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution by anyone else
is prohibited. Please let us know immediately if you receive this
e-mail in error. Thank you.