Comparision RTEMS <-> eCos

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Aug 10 22:10:13 UTC 2006

Evgeny Belyanco wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I found some old topics (~ 7 years old) about this.
> http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/1999/september/msg00111.html
>
> Is it any article/topic concerning more fresh version of RTEMS & eCos?

I wouldn't judge much about RTEMS or eCos from those old comments. :)

I don't know of anything in particular which would do the comparison for
you.
What features are you looking for?

Ask specific questions and people can given answers.

FWIW many people have ported RTEMS to new boards and two are in the
final stages of successfully porting it to new CPU families.  So I
wouldn't judge
ease or difficulty of BSP questions.  I have done BSPs for multiple OSes
and none
of them are particular easier -- if the hardware works and the BSP works
quickly
great.  If you have hardware problems, then the whole experience sucks.