Comparision RTEMS <-> eCos

Evgeny Belyanco esp1 at kbkcc.ru
Thu Aug 10 22:40:17 UTC 2006

Friday, August 11, 2006, 2:10:13 AM, you wrote:

JS> What features are you looking for?

JS> Ask specific questions and people can given answers.

My target now is AT91RM9200, and I am planning to use MCF5208, when
they will be available (I hope I will be able to modify existing
MPC52xx ports....).

My interests are:

* which "real time" is more real - RTEMS or eCos
  - in case of using Pthreads and Native API
  - time to ISR reaction in case of heavy loaded system

* what IP stack has more performance - RTEMS or eCos
  - Ethernet

* wich driver model - RTEMS or eCos - is more friendly to programmer,
and easy in development
    - comparison of DMA drivers - performance?

* GDB remote debugging over Ethernet - flexibility & stability?

* Ability to porting Unix software to OS - as far, as I understand,
RTEMS is mach more POSIX, than eCos (of course with some excerptions)
http://www.ocera.org/archive/deliverables/ms1-month6/WP1/D1.1.html#AEN2041

Is AT91RM9200 RTEMS port allow GDB remote debugging over Ethernet?

Evgeny Belyanko
* E-mail: ea at kbkcc.ru