RTEMS Toolchain on pure Win32 (no Cygwin): is it really working?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Aug 20 23:01:22 UTC 2006

Evgeny Belyanco wrote:

> What I start install of version 2 68k toolchain (rtems4.7-m68k-2.exe),
> installer suggets me the path
> c:\rtems\m68k\

The first tool set uploaded did just use c:\rtems but now all the
packages are under there target directory.

> but I choose
> C:\rtems68k\
>
> In C:\rtems68k\rtems.bat I found the following:
> set PATH=c:\rtems\m68k\bin;c:\mingw\bin;c:\msys\1.0\bin;%PATH%
>
> This is wrong, because:
> * there is no dir c:\rtems\m68k\ on my PC
> * I have no mingw or msys installed yet.
>
> I think, some part of install script is wrong.

Yes it is. It is fixed in CVS and will be in the next update of the tools.

I have spotted another little issue. The install sets the paths to MinGW
and MSYS in the same batch file. I do not know how to handle having
these installed in a different location.

> It is not critical for me, but I suggest to open buglist on Win32
> toolchain.

The standard RTEMS bug database should be ok for this sort of thing.

> IMHO, "pure" Win32 toolchain (and you very fine instructions)
> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows
> is very important to involve new developer in RTEMS orbit.

Good to know.

Regards
Chris