RTEMS Toolchain on pure Win32 (no Cygwin): is it really working?

Evgeny Belyanco esp1 at kbkcc.ru
Sun Aug 20 23:16:42 UTC 2006

Monday, August 21, 2006, 3:01:22 AM, you wrote:

CJ> I have spotted another little issue. The install sets the paths to MinGW
CJ> and MSYS in the same batch file. I do not know how to handle having
CJ> these installed in a different location.

I think, the structure of .bat files should be reorganized. In the
beginning of file should be the following "global variables":

SET RTEMS_PATH = C:\RTEMS\

And in the body of file it can be used as:

%RTEMS_PATH% (standard .bat file technology :) )

The script should modify the head of file.

Also it is good to enclose documentation, which will describes this  "global
variables" and instruction for manually modification this settings
according to tool's real paths.

>> It is not critical for me, but I suggest to open buglist on Win32
>> toolchain.

CJ> The standard RTEMS bug database should be ok for this sort of thing.

Ok.

Evgeny Belyanko
* E-mail: ea at kbkcc.ru