Re-2: Buildung Tools for m68k-RTEMS 4.6.99.3 on Cygwin Host

frank.ueberschar at dsa-volgmann.de frank.ueberschar at dsa-volgmann.de
Thu Dec 21 10:32:21 UTC 2006

> > Bootstrap on MSYS does not yet work for me
> > as a newer version of automake(1.10) is needed.

(it should be autoconf 1.10)

> It may need a later version. I have not paid much attention to the
> versions here for a while and a later automake could be needed. I will
> get back to this soon.
>
> There is a 'hack' which needs to be set up and is documented in the Wiki:
>
> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows#Setting_Up_
> MinGW

I found this page to be very helpful setting up the tools
and getting RTEMS to build on MinGW/MSYS. :-)

> relating to the /etc/fstab. Are the paths ok ?

Yes. I had to change /etc/fstab manually because I installed
it on a different directory due to space requirements.

(However, an 's' was to append on .../rtems/4.7/build/rpm's' to get
this installation working)

> You can always try to build a later version on Windows using the MSYS
> shell. You may need to install the MSYS Developer Tool kit. It is
> available from the MinGW web site.

I got this package. Next step will be building the needed tools.

(At this point of my experience I've installed cygwin and MinGW
on my PC - using with different serch paths. Bootstrapping on cygwin
buildin on minGW.)

Thank you for the attention,

regards:
Frank