Ressources on Ada & RTEMS

Jérôme Hugues hugues.jerome at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 14:48:07 UTC 2006

Le 7 déc. 06 à 15:38, Joel Sherrill a écrit :

> Sounds like you are building the same way the adatests in the tree
> were built
> the last time I looked.  The Ada run-time is NOT built multilib
> like the rest
> of the libraries.  So it is quite likely that the run-time built by
> default is using
> cpu cflags that are not compatible with  those used to compile your
> application.

Hum, I see, this might explain my problem, thanks for the tip

> Did you save logs of building your toolset?  It would be
> interesting to compare
> the gcc flags used then to those used when you compiled it with
> your application.

I did not save the log, but it is easy to rerun eveything, which
flags do you need ? the one used to compile GNARL ?

> Long term, the right solution is for the Ada run-time to be built
> multilib lilke the
> other libraries (e.g. libc.a, libm,a, libgcc.a, etc.).  That is a
> gcc project and no
> one has volunteered YET. :)

This is challenging and time consummng, but useful.

I remember GNAT provide scripts to recompile its runtime, this might
provide a work around

> So I think what you are doing is correct given the current state of
> the world.
> I am a bit surprised that this is happening on the i386 but it is a
> known issue
> across all targets.

OK, so I'll do this way

Do you accept I update the Wiki pages on Ada with this information ?
The build process is compatible with new tools, this is worth
mentionning.

Besides, I've tuned the ada-examples makefile to be more in line with
current RTEMS makefile (using Makefile.inc etc). Finally, I've some
simple tasking examples to extend what is in the repository. These
can be contributed if you're interested.

Regards,

Jerome