Coldfire questions

Mon Jan 9 19:44:29 UTC 2006

Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> Karel Gardas wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> IMHO lite-5206e.board from the simulator might support mcf5206elite BSP.
>>

>> is this only at the original source for the coldfire simulator?
>>

> I'm refering to: http://www.slicer.ca/coldfire/files/coldfire-0.3.0.tar.gz
>
> SkyEye integration might be buggy as it is quite new...

OK.. I have built it and can invoke it as

./coldfire --board=lite-5206e

But I don't see how to download.  The instructions on the page talk
about telnet'ing to two ports and then entering the dl command but I
don't see how that would work.   Am I being stupid?

>> Looking at the source, I see that this file arch/coldfire/common/board.c
>> has what appears to be a hook for the Arnewsh board but I don't see
>> any obvious way to configure it.
>>
>> FWIW .. why does this take gtk2-xll to build?  I have only run SkyEye
>> as a command line program.
>

> gtk2 is used for LCD emulation.

OK.  Then I am not missing any fancy features. :)

--joel