PSIM and MP tests -- anybody got working?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jan 23 14:50:33 UTC 2006

Karel Gardas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get MP tests working on PSIM using PSIM BSP. So far no
> success, and debugging is not easy since I don't know if PSIM is
> broken or PSIM BSP is broken. Is there anybody here who does have this
> beast working so I may try to duplicate his/her experiments here to
> see what's exactly broken in my setup.

I haven't tested this in a while so will try to get to it today on at
least 4.6.

> Also if you do have any documentation reference how to even start
> those test, that might also be helpfull. So far I've just patched gdb,
> uncommented sem/shm related lines in psim script and try to start one
> psim with *node1 test and then the second with *node2 test...

The script runtest in psim/tools has the procedure as of the last time
it worked.
I suspect it has not been used since the BSP was converted to the new
exception
model.

FWIW the shm and sem keys along with the size of the shared memory have
to match.  It is possible the startup procedure you are using doesn't
completely
account for that.  The runtest script builds a device tree special.
Hmmm... runtest
doesn't include the recent addition of the pvr setting.  Update your
psim tools directory
and look at how it is invoked there.