Cheapest hardware for Ada development (ARM7TDMI)?

Andreas Schwarz usenet at andreas-s.net
Thu Jul 6 07:53:05 UTC 2006

Joel Sherrill schrieb:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> 2. Arm support in GNAT is not implemented in GCC.

I thought the GCC frontents were independent from the backend?

> 3.  The last time I checked Ada hello world was about 400K code.  The
> Ada run-time is large.   So you need to look at larger targets.  I would
> recommend
> disconnecting the ARM and Ada requirements if this is a learning project.
> Use Ada natively on Linux and work through the on-line tutorials.  Use
> RTEMS
> on an ARM simulator with an existing BSP.

I have already written some code in Ada, but it would be a lot more
interesting if I could use it for a "real" embedded project.

As soon as I have some spare time I'll give GNAT on ARM a try. Should
this fail, what other hardware can you recommend that is known to work
with GNAT?