new rpms

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jul 13 19:02:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have uploaded some new RPMs.  Except for the autotools
RPMs which are not supported by the new specs yet, these
are the first set I have uploaded based upon Ralf's new
spec files in contrib/crossrpms.  Ralf can comment on
the many improvements in these RPM specs but a few
obvious ones are:

  + patches are not in CVS (contrib/crossrpms/patches)
  + all targets do NOT have to be in sync with respect
    to patches or tool versions.  For example, the tic4x
    target is using the same binutils 2.17 but gcc 3.4.6
    instead of gcc 4.1.1 like the other targets.

The following RPM sets are now available:

    rtems-4.7-binutils-2.17-0.20060707
    rtems-4.7-gcc-3.4.6-0.20060707.1
    rtems-4.7-gcc-4.1.1-0.20060707.1
    rtems-4.7-gdb-6.4-0.20060707.1
    rtems-4.7-gdb-6.5-0.20060707
    rtems-4.7-autoconf-2.60-0

I haven't yet put all of these through a full workout but
the limited testing I have done looks very promising.  I
would like to switch to the new RPM specs for the 4.7
release series so getting these built and out is a big
milestone.   Thanks Ralf.

--joel