new processor port tips?

Allan Hessenflow allanh-rtems at kallisti.com
Thu Jul 27 19:13:37 UTC 2006

I'm working on porting RTEMS to an ARC.  I think I understand what needs to
be done for the processor specific stuff in cpukit (although I know almost
nothing about autoconf so all of the configure stuff I'm trying to just
copy from other ports).  Is there any particular BSP I should be looking at
as an example?  I've been looking at arm primarily because it has arm_bare_bsp
which has stubs for the required drivers, hopefully making it easier to get
started by letting me concentrating on just the init code.  But its linkcmds
seem awfully complex, and it still ends up with some hard coded numbers for
things like stack setup and where to copy initialized data to.

Oh, and I'm using v4.6.6.

allan

Allan N. Hessenflow      allanh at kallisti.com