RTEMS-CVS is broken

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jul 13 15:24:58 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>Thomas,
>
>your last week's monster check in into RTEMS cvs screwed up RTEMS badly:
>
>Since your patch, all BSPs, I've tried so far, fail with an error
>similar to this:
>..
>./../../../../armulator/lib/include/rtems/confdefs.h:385: error:
>'ATA_DRIVER_TASK_DEFAULT_PRIORITY' undeclared here (not in a function)
>gmake[5]: *** [init.o] Error 1
>..

What configure command are you using?  I built a handful of BSPs yesterday
and didn't trip this.  Maybe I was just unlucky.

>Furthermore, checking what you checked in to confdefs.h, makes me
>believe you broke cpukit:
>
>E.g. this
>+#ifdef CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_ATA_DRIVER
>+#include <libchip/ata.h>
>+#endif
>
>accesses libchip/ata.h (not part of cpukit).

This may not be so bad since it should only be turned on by code which knows
the libchip ATA driver is supported on that BSP.  It would be more
correct long
term to move the ata.h file to cpukit if it is a "standard RTEMS driver
interface"
and (hopefully) doesn't suck in a lot more.

>Furthermore, you missed to add changelog entries.

That's not good. :(

--joel