Capture Engine GUI - Was: WikiWish

Michal Kutil kutilm at fel.cvut.cz
Mon Jul 17 13:24:40 UTC 2006

Chris Johns wrote:
> Pavel Pisa wrote:
>> There is group of people working on scheduling
>> toolbox for Matlab TORSCHE at our university department
>> (address bellow) as well. It provides tools for
>> off-line schedulability analysis, verification
>> and schedulers design. It would be great if the design
>> can be done in TORSCHE and results of the real
>> system run could be viewed in its viewer.
>>
>> http://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/scheduling-toolbox/
>>
>> This tool has already been successfully used
>> for optimization of some real world problems to divide
>> and order some DSP like computation steps between
>> more hardware computation units (in the FPGA) to
>> achieve highest throughput. The static scheduling
>> of tasks for MP RTEMS system comes to the mind there.
>
> Nice. This is what I had in mind.
>
> I see the host TCP protocol interface initially being written in a
> portable scripting type language. For example Python, or whatever (lets
> please not start a thread on the best language just yet). We can add
> more code to write to a file, fill a database, import into another
> system, develop a GUI over time as resources or support comes along.
>
> Could we import data into this system if captured to disk ?

Yes, we are preparing import from XML file to the TORSCHE Scheduling
Toolbox for Matlab. This function will be available in a next release.
Graphics output on approval from TORSCHE in a Gantt chart form are
available on following URL address:

http://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/scheduling-toolbox/screenshots.php

In the same time we are working on an independent application. This
application uses the same XML format for drawing Gantt charts (in PDF,
EPS ...). First preview is available on:

http://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/psgantt/

Best regards

   Michal Kutil

   e-mail: kutilm at fel.cvut.cz